A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer or mobile device by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart) or to record the user's browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers.
Browsers may accept or reject cookies automatically but allow you to change these settings. The help menu on most browsers will tell you how to change your browser setting as to cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies all together. You can also disable or delete cookies you have previously accepted if you wish to.
We recommend you leave the cookie acceptance function enabled, as this enhances the usability of the website. If you configure your browser to block all cookies (including the necessary ones), you may lose access to certain sections of the website.
We have set certain cookies on your device and recommend that you agree to their use. Otherwise, you can still use the Website, but certain sections of it may not work or work not so well.
On this Website, we may use the following cookies, cookie categories and other technologies, but no spyware, for the indicated purposes and, if applicable, deployed by or with the assistance of the indicated partners:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website and for you to be able to complete services you ask for. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
- Functional cookies. These cookies record information about choices you make on the Website, such as your user name, language or the region you are in. In this way, we are able to personalize your visit to the Website.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to collect information about how visitors use the Website, for example to count visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website. They record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information is anonymous. This helps us to improve the way the Website works.
- For visitors accessing our Website from the People’s Republic of China (PRC), we may use the Site Monitor service provided by Miaozhen Ltd., Beijing, PRC, (“Miaozhen”) instead of Google Analytics, for the same purposes and within the same limitations, but with servers in the PRC. For opting-out the use of Site Monitor on your browser, please visit Miaozhen’s opt-out management site.
- We may engage on our Website in interest based advertising, including retargeting or remarketing technology provided by third parties (“Third Party Providers”), such as:
- Criteo SA, Paris, France
- DoubleClick, a division of Google Ireland Limited, Dublin, Ireland
- Google Analytics Advertising Features, a service of Google Inc., Mountain View, , USA
- Facebook Ireland Limited, Dublin, Ireland
- Instagram LLC, Menlo Park, USA
- Adform A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
- https://code.google.com/archive/p/google-opt-out-plugin/ Google Analytics Advertising Features
ga: this cookie contains a unique value to distinguish between website visitors and has a lifespan of 2 years;
gid: this cookie contains a unique value to distinguish between website visitors and has a lifespan of 24 hours;
gat: this cookie is used to throttle requests to the server and has a lifespan of 10 minutes
- Social media cookies. These cookies allow you to share Website content with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). We have no control over these cookies as they are set by the social media platforms themselves. Please have a look at section 3 below on pixels and social plug-ins to learn more about how social media cookies are used in association with social plug-ins.
- Advertisement cookies. These cookies allow us to deliver tailor-made advertisements to you on third party websites based on your interests in our products and services manifested during your visit on our Website. These cookies do not collect data that identifies you. All data is anonymous.
to analyze your navigation on our Website. Based on that, we are able to approach you with personalized advertisements. For this purpose, cookies are stored on your computer. During your visit on our Website, neither the Third Party Providers nor we collect any personalized data, only anonymized data. The engagement of such technology is in full compliance with the relevant data protection legislations. Thanks to such data we can, for example, approach you with advertisement on third party websites, which is personalized according to your interests in our products, e.g. after you have visited our Website and showed interest in a particular series of products, this technology may later show you more information in form of advertisements while surfing on another website. The goal of engaging this technology is to best adapt the available information to your interests and to make your online experience as informative as possible. You can, however, adjust your browser settings to not store such cookies and to delete already stored cookies. Please find in the following the opt-out functions of the Third Party Providers by following the provided links:
Anonymous data created by using Google Analytics Advertising Features may be used for demographics and interest reporting as well as network impression reporting.